March is here! (Silently throws confetti!) This is the best month of the year. Why, you ask? Because it’s my birth month, of course! If that’s not enough to generate excitement, March also represents the beginning of Spring and this year, it houses Easter.
March is women’s history month and I plan to celebrate it by participating in events hosted by Vital Voices Global Partnership and Walker’s Legacy. I will also be collecting bras for homeless women and sharing brunch with Zelophehad’s Daughters Inc. To round out this month, I will participate in a global fellowship in Paris and I will be presenting a paper at Brown University in Rhode Island. I can’t wait to share pics and notes with you. Be sure to check the blog regularly for highlights!
Before we dive too deeply into March Madness, let me take a moment to thank February for being fabulous to me!
- I had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! I had brunch in the city with my man-friend, my bestie and her new hubby. The food was delicious and the company was delightful.
- I had the opportunity to serve at the Capital Area Food Bank with the girls.
- I was privileged to share in my godson’s first birthday party!
- I was gifted the opportunity to preach during morning worship service, God’s way of reminding me and others of my calling.
- I was blessed to replace my defunct washing machine.
- I was able to witness people of faith support a young woman with financial gifts to participate in an international program.
All in all, I can say that it was a pretty good month.
By the way, I am capturing my moments of thanksgiving in a gratitude jar. Someone shared this group with me at the first of the year and I happily accepted the invitation. Having an attitude of gratitude helps me to keep my life in perspective. It has lessened my complaints and reminded me that my life is in God’s hands.
How do you plan to celebrate the accomplishments of the women who’ve gone before you or recognize the contributions of the women in your life this month? How do you capture your moments of gratitude?